Saturday, October 17, 2009

State fair - part II

More awesomeness from the old State Fair of Texas(SFoT)...

Unofficial SFoT Fair King & Fair Queen - as voted by the loyal fairgoers (me).

So congrats to Paul and Lesley...what a cute couple. Sweet jersey, Paul. They came for the fried guacamole and went home as royalty.



College GameDay set. Which prompted Ash and I to walk around aimlessly yelling..."Where's Kirk?!?!" "WHERE'S KIRK?" Needless to say, the other fairgoers were less than impressed. And we never did find Kirk Herbstreit. He must have been continuously riding the ferris wheel while downing fried twinkies and bud heavies.

Chicken hats. Not sure where they got them or why they were wearing them, but jealousy set in initially, followed by regret, followed by gratitude that I never had to put one of those ridiculous things on my head.


A grown man on the little kids rollercoaster. He looked totally ridiculous. I also took a picture (for proof) of the little kids on the rollercoaster, to show that it was truly only for little kids. After snapping the shot, I realized that I was the creepy guy at the fair, taking pictures of little kids while their parents watched. Pretty standard, really.


Now it's time to hand out some SFoT awards:

Most redneck looking man with his family in tow:


Best cowboy hat that is two sizes too small for your head (He also won the award for best use of cowboy hat with otherwise non-Southern clothing - new balance sneakers and a standard buttondown shirt):


Best coordination of leopard print outfits by a couple over 50, with one member of the duo in a wheelchair goes to...

These two. Priceless.

And finally, best use of cinematography in taking a picture of four horseback police officers in front of a fountain, while being lit by fireworks, goes to....me.



After the fair, we went and met up with Ash and Laura's friends, Chris and Kelsey (soon to be newlyweds). As usual, Chris called me Doug, Kelsey looked scared by my antics, and Ash and I acted like bumbling idiots. We played quarters, unsuccessfully, on a table where the coins wouldn't bounce. I asked Chris and Kelsey to pose for me. This is what I got...

If this isn't true love, then what is??


Also, when our cute waitress, Sarah, came over to ask for drink orders, Ash passionately ordered for me - 2 irish car bombs. Why not? Chris, a real doctor who had to practice real medicine today, joined us in the debauchery. Here a few action shots...




After this bar, we went home, played a game of "Dave and Ash drink beers, while Laura labors through picking an outfit for the rest of the night." It went well. I drank two beers. Ash drank zero. And Laura looked great. Success.

A disastrous attempt at taking a photo of us in the mirrored doors of the elevator.


After this, we went out to a piano bar - where they combine drinking with dudes playing songs on the piano. Pretty self-explanatory, really. Naturally, Ash and I (read me) chose to take a shot out of a test tube. Mostly, because the waitress serving them was cute and this was an easier option than trying to actually seduce her. It didn't work...weird.


Good news, however. Carrie Underwood was in attendance. Which was nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment