Friday, October 16, 2009

grassy knoll, boomer sooner cops, and more...

Ash and I just took a trip to the Grassy Knoll/JFK got killed here Museum. Here are all things that we decided we had to blog about:

- We had BBQ for lunch. It was awesome. Clearly.


While at lunch, we saw a girl/woman wearing tights and leg warmers. We then had an argument over the relative-attractiveness of tights on girls. I argued that they are usually attractive and make good legs look great. I advocated for their selective use by all girls, as long as they had decently attractive legs. You know if you should not be wearing a skin tight leg garment, so don't. Otherwise...go for it. Ashley, however, staunchly disagreed and filibustered about how no girl should wear them and that he HATES tights. I've determined that either he is batshit crazy, swayed by marriage, or hates nice legs. Whatever. We welcome your opinions; Ash and I are quite drastically split on this topic.

- While on our way to the grassy knoll, we were walking one the side of the road and a Dallas cop yelled at us - "BOOOMER SOONER." Ash gave him the requisite fist shake of excitement and sincerity, and we went on our way. On at least three separate occasions, Ash referred to this interaction with the cop as having "made my day". Everyday living in Dallas has its excitement too, folks!!!

- We saw where JFK was shot. This is the view from where Lee Harvey Oswald supposedly shot. I took it illegally....shhhhh. There is an "X" in the middle of the street, where JFK was fatally shot. It's in the same place where the idiot in the middle of the photo is standing in the middle of the street as traffic quickly approaches. Obviously, I had Ash take a similar picture of me, but I checked for cars first...idiot.


- We sang along with my iphone to Eric Church's "I Love Your Love The Most" while walking through downtown Dallas. It was awesome, and just as gay as it sounds.



- We took a trolley ride on the world's oldest, continually running trolley. (100% of this statement is 50% true.) And the trolley care we were on is definitely an original, I was nervous about its safety for 100% of the trip. We made a "friend" on the trolley. He was a 30-something year old. When I commented on his friendliness, Ash called him "a good ole boy". When I asked what that mean, he said "you know, he's the kind of guy who goes out on weekends in cowboy boots and is very country. I should mention, he was dressed in a collared shirt, designer jeans, expensive shoes, had a standard, southern frat boy haircut, talked about getting hammered with his bro and tickling a 6'6" 300lb OU fan at last year's OU-UT game, and he works for a financial consulting firm in Dallas, but used to NYC and Chicago. It my opinion, this is roughly the opposite of what I would describe as a "good ole boy." But that's just one New Englander's opinion...



- Here's a pic of my two favorite OU newlyweds in their matching jerseys. Sadly, it looks like Ash just drugged this poor girl and is creepily watching over her body. Which is exactly correct. I would know, I took the photo.


- Me hard at work on the blog...


And, oddly enough, there was another Carrie Underwood sighting. Weird...


No comments:

Post a Comment